Sunday, March 10, 2024

Thank Ewe!

As much as I'd like to make my thank you cards, I always seem to need them "right now" so I end up buying them instead. For this particular instance however, I knew ahead of time I would be needing  a thank you card so I had a bit of time to put this together.

I tried to keep things simple by making use of my dies instead of the Silhouette to cut most of the elements for this card. The dies used to cut the paper pieced lambs, flowers, leaves and tufts of grass were all included in Marianne Designs Eline's Lamb die set.

Inside, I used the mechanism from Karen Burniston's Twist Flower Pop Up die to animate the lamb so she would pop forward and appear to leap as the card is opened. Couldn't resist attaching a punny sentiment "Thank Ewe" to the lamb with acetate strips so it too twists and pops forward. I used Di font and Make the Cut design program to create the cut file for the the sentiment and shadow. Kept the background very easy and simple, using Lawn Fawn Stitched Hillside Borders for the grass and tree die from Karen Burniston Tiny Trees Pop Up. I added a matted blank panel on the right side where I could write a personal message. Very happy that this card didn't take too long at all to put together... what I really need to do is make several of these to put away for the next time I need a thank you card "now".

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Ewe are so clever and talented. Yes, I think you should make multiples of cards so you always have something beautiful and original to mail out. However, since you obviously put a great deal of time into each card you make, you will perhaps have to streamline the process. LOL! Have a sweet Easter and spring season!

Estrella said...

Thanks for consistently delivering high-quality and engaging content.