Sunday, March 31, 2024

Bunnies and Chicks Galore

I recently watched a tutorial on YouTube on the assembly of Lawn Fawn Platform Pop Up cards using coordinating add on dies and was inspired to try a similar idea to create an Easter card for our granddaughter using the svg cutfile I've been using to make hexagonal pop up cards.

The hexagonal pop up cards I've made in the past have had six equal sides, but this time I altered my cutfile to create a hexagon shaped card that was nearly twice as long in the front and back than the sides. I also replaced the large round panel I usually attach to the center strut with a larger hinged panel adhered to the back.

I really liked the new look of  the hexagonal pop up card with the larger back panel which gave me a lot more space on the front of the card to create a fun Easter scene. 

 I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the pieces needed to construct the card base, and dies from Karen Burniston, Sizzix, and Maryanne Designs to cut the pieces needed to piece together the bunnies, chicks and scene elements.

Lots of room on the back of the panel to add our sentiment.

    
I think the neatest thing about the hexagon pop up card is how it folds completely flat for mailing. I intentionally increased the size of my card so I could fit several bunnies and chicks on it so the card measures 7.75 x 8.25 inches flat...huge!

I also made a fun matching gift card holder to tuck into the box of Easter surprises we mailed to our granddaughter.

As the drawer to this box is pulled open to reveal the gift card inside,  the panel on the top of the box with the bunny and balloons slides up. Svg template for this pop up drawer comes from the Lori Whitlock Shop. This little box is so much fun and surprisingly easy to assemble. I'm certain I will be making more of these in the near future!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Both your pop-up card and gift card holder are super sweet and cute. You really did an excellent job of re-sizing and re-shaping the hexagonal pop-up card. I would be so challenged by even the thought of changing the dimensions on a pop-up card. You are a super paper engineer. Keep sharing your projects. I love seeing them! Thanks!