Sunday, March 31, 2024

Cracked Egg Treat Box


While searching online for ideas for Easter treat boxes, I came acorss this cracked egg box design which I thought would be fun to decorate.

But since I wasn't able to find a template for it, I decided to wing it and try and create my own by welding some basic shapes (ovals, squares, triangles) in Make the Cut Design studio. 

Welded rectangle shapes to the design to create gussets and enlarged the template to maximum size that would fit onto a 12 x 12 sheet of cardstock. It's always nice when I can get the entrire template to fit onto one piece of cardstock so the box assembly goes quickly. Happily, the finished box size was large enough to hold half a dozen butter spritz cookies.

Had fun die cutting and paper piecing bunnies, chicks, baskets and eggs to create a fun little Easter scene for the front of the egg box. I used dies from Maryanne Designs "Eline's Bunnies" and "Eline's Chickens", Karen Burniston's "Spring Animals", Sizzix "Eggs and Decorations #2", and MFT Stamps "Grassy Edges". I always love it when I make use of a lot of different dies to create a project so I can confidently assure hubby that I'm not "just collecting" !

Lots of room on the back of the box for a print and cut inset panel using cute digital paper from Nancy Kubo's Hunny Bunny Paper Pack.

Got a dozen of these boxes filled with cookies and chocolate eggs, wrapped and ready to deliver just in time for Easter. Hope everyone had a relaxing and enjoyable Easter Sunday!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh boy, you've been a busy Easter bunny box and cookie maker. I love the way these cracked egg boxes turned out. You are super creative and should consider making these for sale next year. The cookies look super yummy too. You are the crafter and baker I aspire to become. Thanks for being a guiding light.