Monday, October 9, 2023

Simply Putt...

Hubby celebrated his birthday this weekend and I managed to come up with another golf themed card for him. Yay!
 
Kept the front of the card very simple. I used an old cut file I created a while back for the golf putter, and the shoes were a freebie svg file I picked up at SVG Cuts. Golfer's jeans were hand sketched to fit with the shoes, then traced in Make the Cut to create a cutfile. Happy Birthday sentiment was hot foiled and cut using Spellbinders "Be Bold Glimmer Sentiments" hot plate and die set.

I decided to create a Double Slider interactive card. As the tab on the right of the card is pulled out, the golf ball slides in the opposite direction to the left of the putter and appears to drop into the hole. I used a video tutorial on You Tube  by Karolyn Loncon of MFT Stamps as a guide for the construction of  the mechanism for this  Double Slider Loop card, found here. 

Slider cards have always been my nemesis because so many things can (and usually do) go wrong that prevent the slider mechanism from working smoothly. This time around, I did a bad job of cutting the channel for the ball to slide along, which caused the ball to get caught along the jagged edge. In an effort to avoid having to redo the entire front panel, I rubbed a candle along the rough edges of the cut line. The wax from the candle really worked to smooth it out and got my slider working smoothly... so happy! 

I attached the slider front to a top fold slimline sized card and added my sentiment together with some golf clip art on the inside of the card.
Hubby was very pleased with his interactive birthday golf card and even suggested an idea for his next... "next time, how about making the golf club swing?"!!!


2 comments:

Lynn said...

What a perfect card for your golfer husband. Love that you used a slimline card to make the action go further. Your puns are great too! The tip with the wax is a useful one...going to remember it! Thanks for taking the time to leave so many ego boosting comments on my blog site. Hugs!

Ashlee Rolfson said...

I thoroughly enjoyed reading your latest blog post, "Simply Putt." Your insights into the world of golf and your passion for the sport are evident in your writing. It's always a pleasure to come across blogs that share knowledge and enthusiasm for a particular hobby or interest.
check cashing apps that don't use ingo