Monday, October 23, 2023

Double Spinner Square Pop Up

The card I'm sharing today was made for a good friend I go walking with to get a little bit of exercise. It's fun and therapeutic to walk and talk with a friend!
 
I knew I wanted to put together walking teddy bears for the front of my card but since I couldn't find a cutfile for one, I ended up using a combo of  cutting files to create an image of  teddy bears walking together. I used Marjorie Ann Designs' "Take Time To Smell The Flowers" and "Franklin Brain Freeze" for the teddy bears, hats and sunglasses; and Cuddly Cute Designs' Girl On Scooter for the sneakers.

On the inside of the card, I installed two sets of Karen Burniston's Spinner Square Pop Up mechanisms for a fun interactive card. As the card is opened, a panel on the left side with the word "Happy" swings up, while a panel with the word "Birthday" simultaneously swings down on the right side.

The pivoting mechanisms which create all the movement are hidden behind the decorated square panels. The mechanism on the right of the card was installed in the usual manner and the the mechanism on the left was installed upside down to get the spinner to rotate in the opposite direction. Karen Burniston's You Tube video tutorial here explains all the details. I've owned and used this Spinner Square Pop Up die to make cards for a couple years now, but only recently have felt confident enough to try two in one card. Don't know why I waited so long... it was easy and so fun!


1 comment:

Anonymous said...

This is another unBearably cute card. Love the movement element. I’m certain your friend will be super happy to receive this card. Keep creating and sharing with blogland. Thanks! Lynn