Tuesday, October 31, 2023

Black Cat Lanterns

I cut and assembled these fun and "not so spooky" lanterns to share with friends on Halloween this year. 

I found the template/svg cut file for these gable box shaped lanterns designed by Quietfire at the Lori Whitlock Shop. The cut out image of the black cat and spider web that I used for the lantern panels comes from Lori Whitlock's three panel Halloween Scene Cat.

The original size of the gable box lanterns turned out to be 2.75 inches wide and 6.5 inches tall. I added another 1.5 inches to the bottom of my lanterns so there would be room to hold Halloween candies.

I also added a shelf inside the lantern so a tea light could be attached, and I changed the bottom closure to a flip top so the tea light would be easily accessible to turn on.

After wrapping the lanterns in cellophane bags, I added a tag so the recipient would know where to find the candies and switch to turn the lantern on.

I'm finding making lanterns and luminaries are fun and thinking I might want to make a Christmas themed one too...

No comments: