Monday, October 2, 2023

Rectangle Pop Up Card

My card today is a Rectangle Pop Up card together with a matching gift card holder. 

I purchased the SVG cutting file, "Rectangle Pop Up Arbor" from the Lori Whitlock Store to create my card. The mechanism for this pop is the same as for the hexagonal pop up cards I've been making for a while, the only difference being that the shape of the base of the card is rectangular instead. 

The original file for this card includes the flowering arbor, fence, tree and bird. Just to add a bit more fun, I also added a paper pieced Patches the teddy bear with a watering can from Marjorie Ann Designs "Take Time To Smell The Flowers". I also added a few additional die cut flowers using Spellbinders "Mini Blooms and Sprigs" die.
On the front of the card I used Pink Fresh Studio's "Perfect Sentiments" hot plate and dies to add the foiled "Happy Birthday". The blue panel behind it was dry embossed using an embossing folder from Cuttlebug Decorative Tile Set.

Heres a couple of views of the card from the top and sides which show the struts where all the paper pieced embellishments were attached to. 

Here's the card flattened, ready to go into its envelope. I added a birthday sentiment to the back of the card. I also created and included a small instruction sheet to enclose with the card, just in case the recipient needed help opening her card.

Just another short video of the  gift card holder in action...


Then  just for a little excitement, I used Karen Burniston' Slider Box together with the Bam Box Pop Up, and Surprise Cube Pop Ups for a fun presentation of a gift card.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Your card is lovely and the pop up gift card box is incredible! I love the surprise element which just adds to the excitement of receiving a gift card. You are a super talented paper crafter. I'm so happy that you share your work with blogland. Thank You!