Monday, July 4, 2022

Like Coffee and Donuts...

A few months ago I had the chance to get together with two very special crafty friends to share make and take crafty projects. I put together kits to make this coffee themed card as one of my projects to share.
 

Marjorie Ann Designs cutting files "Morning Coffee" and "We Go Together Like Coffee and Donuts" were used to create all the paper pieced images for this card.
For this card project, I wanted to try a different version of the Fabulous Flip Card style. In her video tutorial for the Fabulous Flip Cards, Sam Calcott of Mixed Up Crafts explains how the two panel die cut card can be trimmed in half to create a smaller single panel one. 

I wanted to give the single panel version a try, but decided to enlarge my svg template for a larger, 4.25 x 5.5" sized card instead. Similar to the double panel Fabulous Flip card, pulling the frame to the left flips the front panel to open the card.



Although this version  of the Fabulous Flip card may not be as "fabulous" as the original double panel version, I thought it still turned out pretty neat.

The best part is that with one less panel to decorate and embellish, this card does come together a lot quicker. There is also a 4 panel/window version for a 6 x 6" square card that seems to work well with smaller images and photographs. Thinking I may have to give that one a try one day too!

3 comments:

Roberta Mau said...

I love this die by Sam Calcott and you always make such wonderful cards from it, Eunice.

Lynn said...

Another splendid card...love the surprise of the movement! Your cards are always so well designed and constructed. Keep on impressing me! Love visiting your site.

bit1900 said...

This is such a cute card as always. You make the best interactive cards!