Sunday, July 17, 2022

Teddy Bears and Ice Cream

This card I made for my sister in law's birthday has two of my favorite things on it... teddy bears and ice cream! I decided I would try my take on the single window version of Sam Calcott's Fabulous Flip card again for this card.
 
Teddy bear and ice cream paper piecings for this card come from Cuddly Cute Designs' "Ice Cream Cuties" and "Ice Cream Bears" as well as Marjorie Ann Designs' "Patches the Bear Birthday" svg cut files. I used an old Cuttlebug embossing folder called "Juli's Garden" to add texture to the oval panel behind the teddy; and Lawn Fawn's "Happy Birthday Border" die for the die cut sentiment.


Pulling the frame on the front of the card to the left opens the card by allowing the panel inside the frame to flip open.

Sam Calcott's tutorial on creating this style of card using dies can be seen here. Instead of using dies, I created a template for a slightly larger version of her single window Fabulous Flip Card in Make the Cut Design Studio for my card. Sentiments were computer generated using Paper Flowers and Miss Elizabeth fonts and cut using the print and cut function and my Silhouette Cameo.

I really enjoyed making this card, and especially paper piecing all the yummy ice cream images!   As much as I love ice cream, I can't have it as often as I'd like anymore but luckily, making paper pieced versions of the cool treats seems to keep me happy!


2 comments:

Roberta Mau said...

So adorable.

Lynn said...

This card is 'sweet' in more ways than one. I love the images and the flip element is so cool. Thank you for showing this card to blogland. It is very inspirational. I have visions in my mind where I too can create such a sweet and cool card....with or without ice cream******!!!!