Sunday, June 26, 2022

Hello Kitty Fabulous Flip Card

I have another Fabulous Flip card to share as I continue to be fascinated by the swing mechanism on this style of card.

This time I made a Hello Kitty themed birthday card for a sweet friend who is a fan of Sanrio cuteness. I selected images from my collection of Hello Kitty coloring books and rendered them into cutting files to create the whimsical scenes for this card.


After watching Sam Calcott's video tutorial on the assembly of her Fabulous Flip cards, I created a working template in Make the Cut for a similar 5 x 7" double framed card. Pulling the tab on the left side of the card pulls the frame up and to the left while swinging the panels underneath to open.

Here's the "inside" of the card with the panels flipped open. 

I've been having fun using this Fabulous Flip mechanism to create scene type cards. It does take a little extra time planning and sizing everything to fit but I've been staying with simple scenes and paper piecing so it's been fun.

On the backside of the card, I added a pocket so I could include a gift card. I used a cute Hello Kitty sticker from my stash to make a simple matching gift card holder.


3 comments:

yup said...

I really love how you made this. I've been trying to do the 3 flip one, but now I think I will try to make the 2 flip like you've done here. Thanks for the inspiration.

(AJ) ArtJypsy said...

Adorable. Love the overall design. Might try this card style one day.

Lynn said...

Amazing 'Hello Kitty' card! I always love your interactive cards and especially enjoy it when the main character is HK. HELLO KITTY FOREVER!