Sunday, June 12, 2022

Fabulous Flip Birthday Card

With my mind set on putting together a gardening themed birthday card for a dear and close friend, I thought the Fabulous Flip card style I recently learned how to make would provide the perfect template.
 

I started by cutting the pieces for the flowers and gardening bears on my Silhouette, using the "Take Time to Smell the Flowers" cutting file from Marjorie Ann Designs. 

After inking and paper piecing everything together, I built my scene onto the double panels on the front of the card. Background panels with sentiments were made using the Print and Cut function.


I followed Sam Calcott's Fabulous Flip Card video tutorial to assemble this fun interactive card.
As the frame of the card is pulled to the left, the two front panels "flip" open to reveal their backside.



Inside, I added another paper pieced teddy. more flowers and a wheelbarrow from Marjorie Ann Designs' "Everything Grows With Love"  SVG cut file.

To finish, I made a simple gift card holder decorated with more flowers and created a pocket on the back of the card to hold it. 
I'm enjoying making cards using this double swing style of mechanism. There's also a single frame style as well as a shutter style version that I've been experimenting with and will share in a future post.

2 comments:

Lynn said...

This flip card is adorable! I love the sentiments that you chose. Every detail is so sweet and the fact that this card is interactive makes it even more amazing. Just the card would have been a great gift but it's nice to see that you included a (HM BFC?) gift card too!

bit1900 said...

I love interactive cards. Thank you for providing how you made this cute bear card. I agreed with the other person's comments about it being a gift in itself!