Sunday, June 5, 2022

Picture Perfect Birthday

Had a fun idea in mind for a card that I had been wanting to try for my dear friend Kris' birthday. Since I know she likes Sanrio characters, I searched online for an image of Hello Kitty with a camera for the front of my card.

With the help of Make the Cut Design program, the Hello Kitty image was rendered into a cut file. Paper pieced image was adhered to a panel which had been dry embossed using Cuttlebug "Wicker Weave" embossing folder.  Cut file for the word "smile!" was created with Miss Elizabeth font, then cut twice and layered for dimension.


Inside the card, I used Karen Burniston's Photo Collage Pop Up mechanism to create this fun collage of Sanrio characters. Images were printed on glossy photo paper and framed in mini polaroid frames cut using dies included in the Photo Collage Pop Up die set.

I used Miss Elizabeth font again to make the cutting file for "happy birthday kris" and attached it to the  "photo" of Hello Kitty so it would swing and pop up together with the rest of the photos.

I'm thrilled that I've been having more fun with these collage mechanism dies than I had anticipated. There are a few more very creative ideas using these dies that others have shared online that I'm looking forward to trying soon!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Wow! This card is fantastic! You really incorporated the pop up mechanism into the whole theme of the card...so clever! I am amazed at how you created each of the Sanrio characters onto Polaroid-like cards. I wish I was as clever and hard working as you. I truly admire your paper crafts.