Sunday, May 29, 2022

Get Well Flash Pop Up Card

I made and sent this get well card to a favorite aunt as she was recovering from her recent knee replacement surgery. 
 

I picked up the cutting file for this adorable paper pieced turtle as a freebie a few years ago from Little Scraps of Heaven Design and was thrilled to finally have the perfect opportunity to put him together.

For the interactive element in this card, I installed the mechanism for what Srushti Patil calls a "Flash Card".  

As the card is opened, two card panels on the right side of the card appear from the panel behind the turtle and swing together toward each other.   

For my card, I added the sentiment "Have a" and "speedy recovery" on the card panels. Walking turtle paper piecing cut file also comes from Little Scraps of Heaven.

When trying to decide on a sentiment for my card, I checked the internet for ideas and was surprised to find lots of get well cards specifically made for those who are recovering from knee replacement surgery. I couldn't resist choosing a couple "punny" ones I liked to add into my card.

I really like the movement in this interactive card style. If you too would like to give it  try, the video tutorial by Srushti Patil can be seen here


2 comments:

Lynn said...

Boy, Goggle is not making it easy to leave a comment. I'm still reading your blog and being impressed by your card making skills. This is the first time I've seen a flash pop up card. It's fantastic! You give so much attention to details. I'm impressed and wish that I wasn't always in a hurry to finish my cards and get them in the mail. LOL!

Alexzendar Lime said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.