Sunday, May 15, 2022

Bluey Themed Birthday

"Wackadoo!" Earth completed another trip around the sun and suddenly our granddaughter was five years old.  This year she requested a "Bluey" themed party. 

Do you know Bluey? She's an Australian Blue Heeler puppy in a Disney animated series for children. Together with her sister Bingo, the two pups encounter some fun and unpredictable adventures. 
I picked up a set of layered Bluey cutting files and clipart on Etsy to create a paper pieced Bluey to add to the front of my card.


autoplay loop Inside the card, I added the mechanism from Karen Burniston's "Mailbox Pop Up" die set to create a fun "Double Spinner Pop Up Card".  Since it's difficult to show the spinning movement of this pop up card through still shots, Hubby helped to capture the fun in this short video.

I used the print and cut feature in Make the Cut design program to make cut outs of Bluey and her sister Bingo and attached them to the spinning mechanism. Video tutorial by Karen Burniston on how to assemble this fun pop up using her "Mailbox Pop Up" die can be watched here. Love that she always shares alternate creative ways to use her dies to make different interactive cards.

It's not always easy when you live an ocean away from your grandchildren and you want to help with their themed birthday parties. I wasn't able to do much; I printed up a bunch of bag headers for some of the goodies that were going into the treat bags...

 
... made Bluey lollipop holders,

  
... and silly Bluey and Bingo hats ...

... that even the dog didn't want to wear.
Nevertheless, I'm told the party was a big hit and the kids had a great time.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh, you are such a wonderful grandmother. Your granddaughter is a lucky girl! I haven't heard about Bluey but I'll ask my grandsons. I think they are into Paw Patrol but I would never do all the work you did for your granddaughter's fifth birthday. The spinning characters are amazing. Your hubby is very clever to make a short video so I could get a view of the action. As usual, you blow me away with your attention to details. You are amazing!