Sunday, May 22, 2022

Welcome Sachi!


This is the "Welcome New Puppy" card I made when my sister and brother in law brought a new Shiba Inu puppy into their home. They named her "Sachi", which is the Japanese word for "happiness".

For my card, I cut a window on the front and layered a stencil cut paw print panel on top. I used an older Shiba Inu cutting file I had created a few years ago for my Year of the Dog calendars and sized it up to fit into the window. Next, I searched for  a simple image of a doggie bed and rendered it into an svg cut file so  my puppy would have a comfy place to sit.

Inside, I used the Karen Burniston's Spinner Square Pop Up die. As the card is opened, the square panel with the puppy pops forward and an arm with the sentiment, dog toys and dish spins out from behind the square.  

 "Welcome Sachi" sentiment was created as a print and cut using LaFemme font and a shadow cut. Cut files for Sachi's toys and bowl were created from coloring book images.

On the backside of the card I used another stencil cut pawprint panel to create a pocket for a gift card holder.

Here's a photo of sweet Sachi. She's still a baby, but growing fast! Hope her mommy buys lots of toys and treats with the gift card!


1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh, I missed this card too while traveling. It's so cute with the sweet dog and cut out paw prints. I can't believe how much attention you give to the details. I really admire your card making skills and that you do so much even making a card to welcome a dog. Unbelievable!