Wednesday, March 18, 2020

Showers of Love for Dana and Ben

Recently I helped with the planning of a wedding shower for a former coworker and agreed to make the favors for the brunch. It's been a while since I've crafted anything for a wedding so I felt awkwardly out of touch, but figured I'd be safe if I stayed with something that was personalized, floral, and in the bride's favorite color.

This is what I came up with. I used Make the Cut design program to create a cut file from a stencil rose image found on the internet and used it to create a rose border around the bottom edge of the favor box cover.

The cut file for the scallop edge heart stencil on the front of the box was also created in Make the Cut using heart and half circle shapes. Box covers were cut from pearlescent Bazzill Bling Glamour cardstock to give the favors a pretty shimmer.

Favors were then personalized with the names of the bride and groom by using Amazone font and the print and cut feature on the inner box. Boxes were filled with chocolate hearts and kisses and finished with a white tulle bow tied on top. Nothing fancy, just sweet and simple.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Those favor boxes are delightful and sweet. You did a fantastic job! Your friend will be pleased.