Sunday, March 22, 2020

Beary Special Birthday Wishes

I made yet another birthday card using the Karen Burniston Katherine Label Pop Up die. This die is fast becoming a favorite of mine as it can make the simplest of card ideas into fun, interactive cards. What's even nicer is that it's probably the easiest of all Karen Burniston's pop up mechanisms to put together.

So honestly for me, the most difficult thing about making this card was matching the colors. Purple... it's my sweet friend's favorite color. I often try to make cards in the recipient's favorite colors but I usually shy away from purple because I always have such a hard time matching tones of purple. Decided to stick to Easter/Spring colors to stay safe... hope I did okay!

Here's the inside of the card. As the card is opened, the label with the sentiment pops forward and up, giving the appearance the the balloons attached to the label are floating up...fun!


Paper pieced teddy bears, cake and gifts are from Marjorie Ann Designs. I used elements from three cutting files, "Take Time To Smell the Flowers", "Birthday Girl" and "Betsy Loves Baking" to put this card together. Stitched balloons were cut using Craft Emporium's Balloons Galore die set, and sprinkles and candles were cut from "Sprinkles Confetti" and "Cake & Stand" dies from Taylored Expressions' Little Bits collection.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I could 'BEARly' contain my excitement when I looked at your post. This card is cuteness X 2! I love the colors you chose and the bears are adorable. The best part is how you made the balloons 'lift' up the words. Excellent, inspiring post!