Sunday, July 15, 2018

Sky's the Limit!

I've been wanting to try the fun triple slider card in a portrait orientation instead of  the usual landscape orientation I've been doing till now. This  causes the sliding element on the front of the card to move up instead of sliding to the right.

Fun to use to make things pop out of boxes or fly up out of clouds, like this hot air balloon. Pulling up on the ribbon at the top of the card pulls up the sentiment and simultaneously allows the hot air balloon to rise up out of the clouds as well as making a gift card appear from the bottom of the card.

For the paper pieced hot hair balloon, I used a freebie svg cutting file from SVG Cuts. Being that this was intended to be a birthday card for my dear friend Kris,  I of course had to put cute little Pochacco inside the basket.  Make the Cut created the cutting file for Pochacco from a coloring book image and the Print and Cut function was used for the sentiments in the clouds. I adhered a strip of clear acetate behind Pochacco and the balloon for some additional support and so it would slide up out of the clouds smoothly. Lawn Fawn's Puffy Cloud Border die was used for the layers of stitched clouds. The triple slider card is always a fun card to send and receive!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a fun card!

Jessie Adams

Lynn said...

Oh boy, I really love this card. It is so cute and clever. Thank you for giving me another marvelous card design idea.