Sunday, July 29, 2018

Baby Explosion Box

Seems I've recently become fascinated with Explosion Box type cards that have 3 dimensional surprises tucked inside. The truth is these Explosion Boxes have always caught my eye... and happily now that I'm retired I have the extra time to spend needed to put these things together! Decided I would try and put one together for a nephew who was recently blessed with a beautiful baby boy.

The original idea for this baby Converse sneaker Explosion Box came from a German craft blog, Basteltante Doreen. I was pleasantly surprised to find quite a few templates for baby shoes and sneakers like on the internet; I used this one found on Pinterest and had Make the Cut render it into a cutting file. I did struggle a bit with gluing all the pieces together but after adding the eyelets and ribbon I thought it looked pretty much like a shoe should.



Had fun piecing together all the cute baby things to embellish the inside panels and cover of the box. Teddy bear comes from the Lori Whitlock store and his bow was cut from a Mama Elephant die; onsie was a freebie cutting file from the Quilling Patch; and the bib, bottle and sailboat are from Cricut's Baby Steps cartridge. I added a pocket to one of the panels to hold a gift card.
Here it is with the side panels all up and the cover fitted on top. Guess the one disadvantage about these Explosion Boxes is that they don't fold flat to fit into an envelope for mailing!

2 comments:

Lynn said...

Another splendid box explosion card....love the shoe! Your work is always so clean and neat...impressive!

Anonymous said...

Great way to spend some of your retirement, Eunice!
Such a lovely way to gift.

Jessie Adams