Sunday, July 8, 2018

Floral Frame Shadowbox Card

I was pretty excited when I found out that the Lori Whitlock shop would be carrying svg cutting files for the beautiful and intricate papercut designs by SAS Creative. I purchased the Blank Floral Card file, thinking it would be perfect to use for personalized wedding card for our very special friends who tied the knot this summer.

I decided to try a shadow box style card using this pretty floral file which has a heart shaped opening. Starting from the back, I used my favorite American Crafts Opalescent Glitter cardstock as the backdrop. The next layer, a heart shaped window with the bride and groom's names welded inside was created in Make the Cut using a heart shape, LD Charming font and the shadow function. The SAS Creative floral cutting file was used as the third layer and for the fourth final layer I used just the scallop border from the same file backed with a sheet of clear acetate. Banner with the wedding date was created as a print and cut and adhered to the front of the acetate with foam tape.

Here's the top view showing the layers inside the shadow box. I tried to space the layers about a quarter of an inch apart.


On the backside of the shadowbox, I added a card for our sentiment. Kassie's Brocaide embossing folder from Cuttlebug was used on the card front, embellished with a fancy label cut from a free svg by Images By Heather M and some satin ribbon. A tab closure was added to keep the card closed, and the shadowbox flattens nicely to slip into an envelope. I really enjoyed using the papercut design by SAS Creative to put this card together. I'm really not very good at "elegant", but with the help of Samantha Sherring's intricate cutting files, elegant cards have now become a lot easier!

No comments: