Wednesday, January 30, 2013

Sister Stamps Release #11: Year of the Sheep

Yay! It's time for another Sister Stamps new release. This time I'm back with the second pair of Chinese Zodiac stamps, the Sheep and Monkey, which will be available for purchase this Friday.
I've decided to share a birthday card I came up with using the Year of the Sheep stamp...isn't he adorable? This one holds a special place in my heart because my mother in law, hubby and myself were born in the year of the sheep. Ooops....did I just give away my old age?
For the background paper on the front of the card, I added the years associated with the Year of the Sheep (Gabriola ttf) onto some red tone digital paper purchased from Lettering Delights. Thought it was kind of fun that you can customize and print up your own paper that way. Used Copics to add a bit of color to my sheep and placed him on a circle on which I had printed "Born in the Year of the Sheep" (Calligrapher ttf) using the WordArt function in Microsoft Word.
Over to the right of the main image, I added a gold tabbed "flap" which I embossed using the Spellbinders Asian  M-Bossalities folder. Kanji for "hitsuji" or "sheep" is a cutfile created in MTC from a Google Image search.
Then inside the little tabbed pocket, I added a little removable insert which describes some of the personality traits associated with people born in the Year of the Sheep...
And here's a shot of the inside of the card with the Happy Birthday greeting. Thought this would be kind of neat card to give to someone born in the Year of the Sheep. Of course you could do this same idea using any of the Chinese Zodiac animals for friends born in any other year!
Okay now, don't forget to go visit the blogs of my fellow guest designers today for more fun ideas for this new Sister Stamps Release! Click on the links below to take you directly to their sites:
 
Laura: By TKG  
Please come back to visit again tomorrow, I'll have yet another Sister Stamps Zodiac project to share with you!

7 comments:

Debi said...

I love EVERYTHING about this card! The way you placed the years, the side pocket with personality traits, the way you colored the sheep...LOVE IT!

Jenny said...

So beautiful! Love everything about it. Wait..that's what Debi just wrote!

Creations by Patti said...

Love the color combo and the sheep info, too: Very Cllever!!!! Hugs, P

Laura said...

What a great idea to have the sheep info in a separate section! Love the card. TFS!

SuiLan said...

This is such a brilliant card! I love the side pocket holding the personality traits...amazing!

CarlavdM said...

Another wonderful card.
I liek the whole look of this one.

Anonymous said...

This is such a cool card! I like it!