Tuesday, January 1, 2013

Welcome 2013!


Happy New Year! We celebrated the first day of 2013 together with our extended family, spending time catching up on each others' lives, watching the bowl games on TV and eating way too much! I put together a dozen of these decorated gable boxes filled with homemade treats to share with each family. Originally, I had designed a box for my New Years treats back in November during the Sister Stamps Chinese Zodiac release. *Sigh* I had high hopes of getting started early on those in time for New Years, but as you can see that didn't happen!
I fell behind schedule before Christmas and didn't have time to start on the boxes till after Christmas so I had to keep the decorating  down to something quicker and simpler. I used Sister Stamps Year of the Snake image, mounted onto an octogon shaped gold cardstock run through a Cuttlebug embossing folder. Had my Silhouette cut the Japanese kanji character "Hebi" for snake. Red patterned paper background panel is from My Little Shoebox, Aiko Collection.
As it turned out, the original gable box design I had chosen to use back in November was a bit too small to hold my treats, so I ended up changing it at the last minute to this larger one (6-3/4"H x 6-1/2"W x 3-1/2"D), which could easily hold a dozen cookies.Template for this one was also found on the internet and converted into a workable cut file in Make the Cut.
Chinese New Year is coming up soon (February 10th) and these were pretty quick, so I'm thinking I may make up a few more of these....

4 comments:

Have A Scrap Happy Day said...

These boxes are gorgeous and I bet each family was thrilled to receive them. Happy New Year.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful creation. This box is my favorite design. But the ones I have on my Cricut are too small. Would you tell us where on the internet you found this cut. I would love making some of these. Love asian designs also..
Happy New Year.
hugs
bobbi

eunice said...

Bobbi,
Please email me so I can send you some suggestions on cutting a larger sized box on your cricut.
At the top of the page on this blog, click on my name under the heading "About Me" for a link to my email addy.

eunice

Jazzmom said...

What a wonderful treat for your family ... the boxes are beautiful!