Monday, July 5, 2010

Sweet Birthday Surprise

Finally got a chance to use my sizzix sizzlit icecream treat set to make a birthday card for my sil. Those of you who know me well know that I am an "ice cream monsta" and must have my fix of Hagen Daz everyday...so when I saw this sizzlit set, I knew I had to own it!

I used vellum to cut the glassware and edged it with a bit of stickles to get that frosty glass look, and Bazzill Bling cardstock so my ice cream would glisten. The slice of chocolate cake is a cut from the From My Kitchen cartridge. Edging on the front is another Martha Stewart edge punch.
As the card is opened, a surprise gift card pulls out from the cake! The gift card actually sits in a pocket behind the cake, and is attached to a tab with the other end hidden under the sentiment. (Same mechanism as was used for the graduation card posted last week)

Birthday cake and candles are from the Stretch Your Imagination cart. All patterned papers are digital, designed by Nancy Kubo and purchased at Little Dreamer Designs. Font is LD Charming Light from Lettering Delights.
After several weeks of working on graduation cards and Fathers Day cards, it was so nice to do something girly and frou frou for a change!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW...so YUMMY! Gosh you did such a fabulous job on all the sweet treats, they look good enough to eat. Love the colors you used and so much detail went into this card!! Love it!

Cheryl said...

So cute Eunice! I love ice cream too but try not to eat it everyday. I love how you made it all look so yummy on your card.

Ev said...

Really like the way your card turned out...so much detail and hard work in it. Thanks for sharing!

Little C's Creations said...

THis looks soooo yum-yum for my tum-tum!! Love all these Cricut creations you are posting! I feel like I don't ever have enough time to create with it. **sigh**

God Bless!