Sunday, July 11, 2010

Forever In Love

This card was sent off to dh's cousin's daughter who got married this weekend in LA. I'm guessing from the beautiful handmade announcement she sent that her colors were purple and brown...so I tried to stay close to her colors for the card.

The inspiration for my card comes from two of my favorite bloggers. First, the inspiration for the design for the front comes from ultra creative Donna Mundinger, whose beautiful wedding card I fell in love with and knew I had to try. Donna is a DT member over at Custom Crops, and she generously shares the Design Studio cutfile for her card there. What amazes me most about her cards is all the layering she always does, making her creations like works of art!

I changed my card up a little, using the swan cut from the Wedding Solutions cart instead of the diamond engagement ring on Donna's card. The filigree heart (also from Wedding Solutions) embellished with flatback pearls and the "Forever" cut layered several times (Home Decor cart) comes straight from her card.


Then for the inside, I was inspired by another wedding card created by a fellow blogging friend, another super creative lady, Michele (My Simple Crafts). Check out this beautiful wedding card she created and shares on her blog. You'll also find a link on her post to a video tutorial by Michelle Wedemeyer for this pop up gift card holder. I added an extra piece of card stock to hold the gift card and attached it to the bottom of the card to stabilize it a bit more and assure that the gift card would sit up straight when the card is opened.


Used the font tracing feature in Make the Cut for the first time to create this monogram cut on the pop up. Quill font was used to create the initials, which were welded and cut using MTC. This was amazingly quick and easy to do! Filigree corners and double hearts cuts are from Cuttlebug dies.

6 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW! What a FABULOUS card Eunice! A lot of thought and work went into this. Love the inside as much as the out. The pearls are so well placed! I'm sure your husband's cousin's daughter (did I say that right...I've got a good memory, it's just short these days...lol) will cherish this card.

Joy said...

you are the cricut QUEEN! you did a fabulous job on this card! I am so sure they just loved it...forever! hope you are having a good week! take care.

Jodi said...

Wow! Another beautiful card!! You really know how to work that cricut and I must tell you...I have a cricut that is just waiting to be used again!! LOL!! You're my cricut inspiration!
Hugs
Jodi =)

CraftyC said...

Your card is gorgeous. Very elegant indeed!
Clairexx

Teri said...

I am always in awe of your beautiful projects!! This wedding card is so pretty!!

Little C's Creations said...

Wow Eunice!!! This is soooo beautifully created!! I love how elegant it looks.

Big Hugs n' Blessings,
Jen