Sunday, June 27, 2010

Another Grad Card

After having finished making six similar grad cards last month, I realized a little late that I still needed to send out one more. Wanted to try something different, and got inspired by the grad card created by my friend, Teri (Big Ideas from a Little Girl) which she posted here. I really liked how the top of the mortarboard flipped up on her card to reveal a pocket underneath. My version doesn't have the fancy fold at the top of the card, but I changed it a bit so the monetary gift would pull out of the pocket as the card was opened.


Put together a quick cutfile for this on Design Studio using George as the basecard. Grad cap is a cut from the Locker Talk cartridge which I cut apart, and the diploma is actually a cut of a rolled up newspaper from the Pooh and Friends cartridge. "Congratulations" is a Sizzix sizzlit from the cardmaking set. Tassel and ribbon on diploma are purple because this was created for a very special graduate from NYU. You GO, Jonathan! We're so proud of you!!!!

5 comments:

Creations by Patti said...

Another fabulous card!!!! TFS

Kelly said...

Oh my Eunice this is the best graduation card ever! What a great idea to add the pocket to stash a little cash into it! Only you would have thought to do something so creative!

Anonymous said...

Very creative, Eunice.
Nice variation.

PJ(Jessie Adams)

Teri said...

Genius...I love your grad card and how the $ is revealed as the cap is opened. LOVE THIS!! Too bad I don't have DS!

Little C's Creations said...

Awww this is adorable!! I saw something like this at Brain's and was thinking of CASING it but never got around to it. Maybe for next year...

Be Blessed!!
Hugs,
Jen