Sunday, June 20, 2010

The Very Best Dad Ever!

I had so much fun making my niece's waterfall Sweet 16 birthday card, I decided to do a couple more as Fathers Day cards for my dad and dh. But this time I turned the card to it's side so it would open up like a little flip book. I used a theme of "best at all you do" and proceeded to describe some of the things these two men in our lives are so good at. And since I'm still lovin' the panda on the Create a Critter cart, I couldn't resist using him again for my cards.
Pulling the ribbon on the side flips open the pages...so cool! This first card was for my dad, who imho, is and has always been the best gardener, photographer, and handyman ever!


The waterfall/flipbook was attached to the front of a card, which opened up to a pop-up.

I made one panda to represent each of us...my dad and dd in the front, and dh and me in the back with the pink dress. Oh, and of course the doggie is our little Latte. When my mom saw the card, she said, "Where's ME?" ...ooops!

Cuts from 5 different cartridges were used to create this card...Create A Critter (pandas); Paper Pups (doggie); Walk In My Garden (flowers, watering can); Locker Talk (camera); and ZooBalloo (house). Couldn't find a cut for a hammer in any of my carts, so I used MTC to create one from a digital image. Nestabilities Label One dies used for the label on the front of the card. I just love it when I can justify my spending on craft tools and supplies!

For the patterned papers on these two cards, I finally took the plunge and went digital. I downloaded papers from Lettering Delights and Nancy Kubo at Little Dreamer Designs. Don't you just hate it when you start on a project and run out of the patterned paper? By using digital papers I was assured I'd have enough even if I made a boo-boo with measuring and cutting, as long as there was ink in the printer!

This second card was for my dh...


Golf club, ball and tee are MTC cuts from digital images.
Car cut is from Locker Talk and wrench is from Indie Arts.

Computer is from Locker Talk. Windows logo on the computer screen was downloaded from the internet and printed on cardstock.

Both the stack of money and piggy bank are MTC cuts from images found on the internet.


And here we are again as the Panda family!

Hope you all had a relaxing Fathers Day, remembering how special our dads are!

10 comments:

Michele said...

Oh my goodness...I am in LOVE with these cards!!! You did such an AWESOME job on them!!! Thank you so much for sharing these...I might have to give it a try!! :-)

Anonymous said...

Super cute card.
Just love the pop-ups.

PJ(Jessie Adams)

Cyndi said...

very nice creations! love all the detail!

Joy said...

Holy Eunice! this is awesome and amazing! you really out did yourself! so much work in went into these 2 cards! fabulous! where you get your ideas are unbelievable! can I pick your creative mind? lol! TFS and inspiring! happy Monday!

Ev said...

Wow!! Those are super creations!! And so much love & detail. Myhat´s off to you!!

Kelly said...

WOW...these cards are just too cute! So much work went into these cards and it shows! Very creative. I love the pop up and the way each page is personalized. Love the little critters!

Creations by Patti said...

Eunice,

both these cards are so so cute!!! Love the pandas from the critters cart - well done!!!! Love it!!!

hugs from SF, Patti

Teri said...

OMG Eunice! I fainted when I saw these awesome Father's Day cards! You are amazing!! I love the Create a critter cartridge, but I think you really gave your cricut a workout! LOL! Love the idea of a waterfall card and the pop up, woweee!!! I would love to try this WF card out but not as detailed as yours...still saying woweeeee!

Cathy Y. said...

Wow, your two waterfall cards was amazing!! It would bring tears to my eyes if someone made that for me - you put so much thought and work into them. Super neat and great job!

Anonymous said...

Oh my, those are the just the cutest cards ever! What a great job you did on them. Thank you for sharing them with us.