Saturday, January 2, 2010

2010 Roars in Like a Tiger!


This was my first project to celebrate the New Year. Being that 2010 is the year of the Tiger, I decorated my "designer bag" with the tiger head cut from Animal Kingdom. Originally I had hoped to find a fiercer looking tiger and do a cut with SCAL, but being that I was short on time, I had to settle with this "cute" tiger instead. Used my new Pagoda cartridge (thanks, Kris!) for the bamboo cuts behind the tiger and Plantin Schoolbook with welding in Design Studio for the "Happy New Year".

Here's the back view of the bag...


Back of the bag decorated with more bamboo from the Pagoda cartridge and "2010" cut with Plantin Schoolbook. The gold prismatic paper is just wrapping paper cut to fit, and the red Asian borders on the top and bottom were cut from Japanese washi paper.

I used the tutorial created by Cambria Turnbow on her blog, "Stamp A Little Love, Baby" to make the designer bags, but altered the size to a larger size to accomadate my goodies. For my bag, I cut the bottom box piece to 4-1/2"x6-1/2" and followed the rest of her instructions.

8 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Eunice,
Happy New Year! I'm bummed- I'm pretty sure I was at Photocraft when you dropped this sample off... Had I known it was you, I would have said hi!. This bag is really cute... My aunty asked you about the Tiger. Well, maybe I'll meet you for real one day!

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Cyndi said...

very nice bag! you are such a pro with the cricut! happy new year!

Kelly said...

Awwww Eunice this is adorable. Hope you had a great New Year! It has been a pleasure getting to know you. I really enjoy visiting your blog and I'm looking forward to seeing what you come up with in the year to come.

Linda said...

Happy New Year Eunice! This bag is just gorgeous!!! Maybe I should start going to the Cricut meetings at Brian's. Is there a fee to join the club? At least if I go to the meetings, that'll inspire me to use my Cricut! Love all your projects, you Cricut Queen you! xoxo, Linda

Creations by Patti said...

Fabulous bag - Year of the Tiger.........that's me!!!! I am so excited this year!!!! Cute cute cute!!!! TFS. I just got the Pagoda cartridge, too but am sobbing - no time to play with it!!!!! Have to scoot to attend a SU Leadership Seminar until next week. I may have to get the Wild Kingdom just to get that cute little fun tiger. Eunice, you are so fabulous and inspiring!!! hugs, Patti

Elk Lighting said...

Happy New Year and keep up the good work.

Joy said...

so cute! I totally love your tiger with this bag! I am the year of the tiger and can't wait to see all that's being created! TFS!

Teri said...

You always make the best stuff Eunice! Love your Tiger!