Saturday, January 9, 2010

You're Still the World to Me!

Dh and I celebrated our anniversary in October but I never had a chance to post the card I created for him. Figured that since Valentines Day is just around the corner, now might be an appropriate time to post this card.

First saw this style of card created and posted by my awesomely talented blogging pal, Patti of Creations By Patti, as a very cool Halloween card together with her tutorial. Patti originally got the idea for her card from Jan Tink, who claims fame as its oringinator, and calls this her "Marvelous Magical Marquee Card". Jan also has a video tutorial for this on her blog, which is definitely a must see to fully understand how to put this card together.



So, although the front of this card looks rather plain, opening the flaps to the card...





...reveals a sweet surprise, as the bright glittered moon...


...is "magically" replaced with an image of the world!

Here's the card fully open...



Really liked how this turned out, and hope to experiment with it a bit more, to do another soon, hopefully with a larger window.

For the embellishing on this card, I used scalloped heart frames created with Design Studio, Cricut and the George cartridge. Tiny stars on the front are from a Fiskars hand punch, larger star is a Marvy punch. The crescent moon is from the George cartridge, glittered with stickles. The world die cut is from Quickutz. And the cute teddy bear couple is a scut file created in Inkscape and SCAL using a stamped image from a Darcy Hunter stamp. Font used for sentiments is DJ Fancy. As a final touch, I added a few heart shaped raindrops from Cloud Nine.

7 comments:

Sherri said...

I love this card. It is so cute. You're so talented.

Linda said...

Hey Eunice! OMGosh ... this is a beauty! Sorry I missed you today at PC. Time got away from me and by the time I looked at the clock, it was 1:30! Please let me know the time of the next meeting and hopefully I'll be able to make that one! Thanks Eunice and have a great week!

Kelly said...

What an awesome card Eunice. You are amazing and shame on you for not posting it earlier!

Joy said...

awe...this card is so sweet! I'm sure your DH will love it and appreciate all the time and effort that was put into making this pretty card! great job!

Cyndi said...

awesome cricut card!

Anonymous said...

Love your version of this card.
I made a birthday one recently after watching Jan's video.

PJ (Jessie Adams)

Enjoli said...

Awwww.... This is the cutest card ever! You are so creative and so talented. Thanks for the link. I'm going to try it out. Great job!! =)