Saturday, January 16, 2010

How Many Candles?

Here's a kind of fun card I came up with for my bil's recent birthday. Though he comes across as being a quiet person, he often says the most witty and funniest things when he does speak. I wanted to make him a card that would bring a smile to his face.

For his card, I used "the Count" from the Sesame Street Friends cartridge, and cut him at 9 inches. Couldn't find candles that I liked so I created my own using the rectangle and leaf shapes from Plantin Schoolbook. The wording on the front of the card was created by welding letters from Base Camp in Design Studio. Used some old patterned paper from KI Memories for the background and layered and foam dotted all my cuts onto it.

Sentiment on the inside was computer generated using a font called "Kosal Says Hi". Hope my bil enjoyed his card as much as I had fun making it...."Muah ha ha ha ha!"

6 comments:

Kelly said...

WOW...what a great job on "The Count" Your brother in law will treasure this card, it is fabulous!

Joy said...

Muah-aaaahhhhh!!!!! love it! that is too funny and I love the note inside! such a great card! I'm sure your bil will get a kick out of it! TFS and happy Monday!

Cyndi said...

very cool card!

**CrEaTiNgWiThAlOhA** said...

great card....i am sure the bil will love it.....hugs Liann

paperscissorsink said...

lol, that is fantastic!

Anonymous said...

Cute card.Love the humor.

PJ(Jessie Adams)