Tuesday, December 29, 2009

For December Graduates

Here are a couple graduation cards I made for two very dear friends who graduated from college this month. Again, I used the style of gift card holder shared by Dawn Griffith on her video tutorial.

For my cards I used a cutfile I had created using the George cartridge and Design Studio so the base cards on these were pretty quick to do.




The first card went to a sweet young lady, so I chose to use cuts from the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge. For the front of the card, I cut Hello Kitty at 2 inches and added the grad hat from the Locker Talk cartridge, flipped and also cut at 2 inches. The "Congratulations" is a Sizzix Sizzlet from the Cardmaking Set.


For the inside I used the Hello Kitty graduate cut at 4 inches. Made her gown in green for the University of Hawaii and tassel yellow for the Bachelor of Science graduates. Sentiment inside was computer generated, and font is Lambo Hmk. All background printed papers are from the DCWV Sweet Stack.



My second card went to a young man, also graduating from the University of Hawaii. The owl cut on the front of the card comes from the Happily Ever After cartridge, cut at 3 inches. Graduation cap is from the Locker Talk cartridge, cut at 1.5 inches.

The die cuts of the cap and diploma on the inside of the card are from Quickutz.

Congratulations and best wishes once again to our two UH graduates!

4 comments:

Kelly said...

Awww how cute are these. I just love Hello Kitty. Love how you finished the insides of the cards to match the theme. Happy Wednesday!

Joy said...

so cute and what a great gift to give for graduation! love the creations you make with your cricut =) hope you have a blessed year in 2010! hugs~joy

Cyndi said...

very nice! i'm so lazy with the cricut even tho it's supposed to make things easier! :(

Teri said...

Beautiful as usual, Eunice! Happy New Year!