Monday, July 6, 2009

Happy Birthday, Go Shopping!


A while back, there was a flurry of posts on various blogs I visit of the cutest little bags & purses created and cut using Cricut and Design Studio. Late as usual, I'm only now getting on the bandwagon...but I decided to try my take on it by creating a bag shaped card instead.



This card was made for my sil, who celebrated her birthday last month. She's a "super shopper" and I thought it would be cool to put a gift card in her purse, so I created a little "pop up" holder for it on the inside.

The clasp on the outside of the bag is functional...I cut refrigerator magnets to fit and adhered them on with glue dots to the inside of the clasp. I really liked how it kept the card nicely closed like a real purse. Then I embellished the clasp with a scallop circle cut with a Stampin' Up punch and Happy Birthday circle stamp, also from Stampin' Up. Rhinestone flower bling is from Photocraft Hawaii.

I used grosgrain ribbon for the handles and printed cardstock is from a DCWV stack.

Then for her gift, I finally got to use the very first cutfile I had created using SCAL. I think it's great that these files all fully re-sizeable!

12 comments:

Jean said...

What a clever idea, Eunice!! I like how you did the pop-up for the gift card!!

Joy said...

love the bag for a gch! this is just too cute! I also love the dog! he is the cutest thing! great work on all the projects!

Jodi said...

I love this Eunice!! How clever and super creative!
This is perfect for a dear friend of mine who is a shopper too!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Linda said...

Such a great idea, Eunice! You are so very creative! TFS all your wonderful projects! Take care - Linda

Jenny said...

Hi Eunice,
Very cute! BTW, I have a blog award for you... you probably already got one, but I thought I'd share the love.

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Teri said...

Love your cute purse GCH...would you share how you did the pop up for the GC??

Creations by Patti said...

Eunice: I love it! This is awesome. I don't ever use my Crucit enough and I see so many great projects from your site - you are such an inspiration! I love this purse gift card holder! I may have to case this one but I may not be as smart to use my Cricut. Thanks for sharing thsi project with us!

Kyoko said...

Wow Eunice, you come up with the most cutest creations! Very impressive!

Little C's Creations said...

This is sooo cute!!!

Hugs,
Jen

Enjoli said...

So cute and so creative! I love that little gch!! =)

Kelly said...

I LOVE this little purse. I'm going to have to try one for my granddaughter. Love the colors!

Tricia said...

how on earth did you make that bag? super awesome