Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Final Exam Jitters


Final exam week starts today for Dd. She always gets so stressed out and depressed during exams, I decided to mail a care package filled with hugs and a card to comfort her and let her know we were all cheering for her to do well.

The card is another covered slider card using cuts from the Locker Talk cartridge for the cover. You can find the template for making this type of card at Chia's Rubber Stamp Art. Had fun making the laptop in dd's favorite color pink, and the message on the screen was printed onto cardstock prior to cutting.
Pulling up on the tab at the top of the card reveals the message, and a cheering Hello Kitty slides up simultaneously from behind the cover. Cheerleader Hello Kitty comes from the Hello Kitty Greetings cartridge, and I used red prismatic mylar sticker paper and prisma glitter to add sparkle to her outfit and pom poms. Flower border is a clear stamp from Inkadinkado.

Dd's box of hugs included some her favorite goodies including Aloha Maid iced tea, Vietnamese coffee, and by special request, a jar of "Exam Time Munchies". I always have so much fun creating these labels!

The cute little studious bear on the label is a clip art image from a Darcie Hunter CD, created into a scut. file using Inkscape & Sure Cuts A Lot. The oval and scalloped oval were created in Design Studio, and I used Quickutz Skinni Mini Rollerskate and Mini Blossom dies for the lettering.


I'm hoping this brought at least a little smile to dd's dreary week of studying. Don't give up, babee...it'll all be over soon and you'll be coming home!

16 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Eunice,
love the card! Can you do a tutorial on this? I saw this before and can't figure out how you make the HK slide out since I can't see any holes or slots! If you don't want to do a tutorial, can you send me the instructions?
Thank you!!
Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Marlo said...

Oh my gosh... this is just the cutest. Love it! What an awesome care package to get during finals week. The card is so adorable!

Jodi said...

What a fabulous card!! Another super super cute HK card! I love it, and the oh sooo yummy goodies!!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Denise said...

Very creative!!! This is so amazing, love the HK.

Teri said...

I don't know how YOU do all of these awesome projects! These cards are so WOW beyond words!! Your DD is so lucky to receive these sweet care packages of food and encouragement from her sweet mom!!

Unknown said...

Aw, you're such a good mommy. Your daughter must look forward to all of your care packages.

"Um Buggin" said...

Hi Eunice,

OMG! This is just the sweetest and most adorable little card. I know your DD is one lucky young lady to have such a creative Mom like you. I just love both of them, would you like to send me some too? LOL, I'm not that far away from you DD, and I am in school too. I have been learning inkscape since I got SCAL. I love it.

Hugz, xx

~L~

Kelly said...

Oh my...Love the card and all the goodies you put into the care package. If this doesn't bring a smile to you daughter's face, nothing will!

Enjoli said...

OMG! That is the is just the cutest and sweetest care package ever! I wish my Mom would have done that for me when I was at college! lol! =) Hope you have a great weekend!

Tricia said...

great idea! Hey I see you popped over to Paper Popsicles....come in and join our fun! Introduce yourself and play along!

joni h said...

What a sweet care package! So much aloha! DD is sure to pass with flying colors!

Joy said...

this is totally cool! I'm sure your Dd will love it! so wish I got something like that when I went to school! the munchies will definitely be a great way to study!

Kyoko said...

Hi Eunice! What a special gift for your daughter. I hope she's not stressing out too much. At least she has a Mommy to send her such special gifts.

Hugs,
Kyoko

Little C's Creations said...

Hey Eunice, you are such a great mommy!!! I sure hope when it's my turn that I can be just as sweet and creative as you to send some love n' aloha to my son when he's off at college. Your children are blessed with am awesome talented mom as yourself.

Love the goodies and that card is tooooo cute!! Great Job!! Is the books n' laptop a cut or stickers?! They look great!!!

Hugs,
Jen

Jenny V. said...

Wow Eunice! You must do a tutorial on this. It's amazing!I'm sure your daughter will love it. TFS. Great job!!!!!

Jenny

Cheryl said...

You're such a great mommy! She must love her care packages. That's a real pretty slider card too.