Sunday, July 19, 2009

Sweets for the Sweet


This is the card I sent out to a fellow blogging friend, Jodi of Inked Inspirations for her birthday last week. Although I haven't had the chance to meet her personally, Jodi always leaves the sweetest and most encouraging comments on my posts. Since I consider her to be a master at the art of card making, it is quite an honor for me, knowing that she took the time to visit and leave a comment! When you visit her blog at Inked Inspirations and see all of her beautiful creations, you too will be awed and inspired.

For Jodi's card, I decided to give another try at the 3 window trifold card, this time with an accordian fold. I used Design Studio to create window frames with little extensions running from the top to the bottom inside the first & third windows so I could attach the candy die cuts. For the middle panel, I had to add the extension in the left side of the window instead, since the piece of candy for this window was a little smaller than the other two.


Don't these sweets look yummy? All of the cuts on this card came from one of my favorite Sizzlits sets. In fact, I got chocolate cravings so bad while making this card that I had to run out to the candy store and get some! And while I was there I thought it would be kinda cool to add a gift card for real candy for Jodi...Sweets for the sweet!

9 comments:

Tracy.H said...

Amazing!! :0)

Unknown said...

WOW - the candy looks so real and yummy.

Kelly said...

WOW...What an awesome card! I LOVE the colors!

Kyoko said...

Hi Eunice! It was so nice to finally meet you on Saturday ... you are such a special person! Your card for Jodi is JUST TOO PRETTY! I love what you did with it and everything flows together so PERFECTLY!

Have a great week at work!

Joy said...

this looks wonderful! I just tried my own tri-fold card...not an easy thing to decorate! love all the chocolate covered food!!! this is a great birthday card! Jodi will definitely love it! TFS! have a wonderful week!

Janis said...

The candies look so real and scrumptous. That's from a die? Your color combos are amazingly lifelike. Love your card!

Jodi said...

I just love love love my card and am so very lucky that you made it for me!! You are one super duper talented lady!! =)
Many thanks for everything!
Hugs
Jodi =)

Jenny said...

Hi Eunice!
Just wanted to let you know that I have a blog award for you! You might already have it, but wanted to give it to you anyway!

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Tricia said...

this is absolutely the most clever-est thing I have seen....might I lift it? I am thinking I can do this with my cricut chirping for me.....