Tuesday, June 30, 2009

Happy Birthday! (Asian Long Life)

Dh's uncle is celebrating his 70th birthday next month and I decided I wanted to do another Asian style card with the Chinese character for "long life." I figured I'd better get started on it right away since creating these types of cuts usually take me forever to do on Design Studio. Only this time, I decided to put my Sure Cuts Alot program to the test. Together with the help of Susan Bluerobot's Inkscape Logo tutorial, it took me a whole FIVE MINUTES to create this cut! (Jen Y, are you reading this?) Absolutely incredible and amazing.


Of course I'm still keeping Design Studio because of its links to my Cricut cartridges and right now I still feel more comfortable using DS to create card and box templates, but Sure Cuts Alot together with Inkscape is certainly a powerful addition to my crafting toolbox.



For this card, I used the Textile texture embossing folder from Cuttlebug on a piece of Bazzill Bling cardstock (January Gemstone) and the George cartridge to cut the octagonal window and frame (Currency gold cardstock). The Chinese long life character was cut using Hygloss red foil cardstock and backed with gold vellum. I used Bazzill Metallic Luster for the card base.

6 comments:

Jenny said...

Hi Eunice,
Your work is amazing! How do you cut your designs with Sure Cuts.... is it through Design Studio/Cricut? Keep them coming!

Jenny
crazyforpaper.blogspot.com

Little C's Creations said...

{{{Jaw Dropping}}}

So what?!?!? I gotta download this and try it??!!? AHHHHH.... I sked!!!!! OK.... I am going to really think about it, and see if my guts will take over me.

LOVE how this creation turned out, Eunice!! So pretty, elegant, and original. So did you scan it, and it was there?

Ok... hear from you soon!

Jodi said...

Absolutely gorgeous card! Love the character too! You are so great with the cricut. =)
Hugs,
JOdi =)

Joy said...

this is such an awesome card! love your creations with that design studio! this Asian card is great! TFS!

Creations by Patti said...

OK - I want one!!!! Can I have one? Pulese? My birthday is next week! Really! I need this - Love your "how to" make - it's all Greek to me..........I'm going to have to learn how to do this! OMG - thsi is great..........xoxo, Patti

Kyoko said...

Very classic Eunice! LOVE the embossed background. The DP you used is very pretty!