Sunday, September 28, 2008

Covered Slider Card


Made this card for a co-worker who was having a surprise 50th birthday celebration a few weekends ago. Couldn't make it to the party, so I thought this card would be a fun way to add to the surprise element. It's called a covered slider card because the slider in the front is covered and hidden with a decorative embellishment. Pulling on the ribbon at the top of the card reveals the slider on the front, giving the appearance that it is popping out of the embellishment. Pretty neat!


First saw this card on a thread posted by member McFlick on the Cricut Messageboard. Her card had Tinkerbell popping out of a pocket...too cute!










She also shares the Cricut cut file she created for this card on the same thread. But since my cake was too big, I had to use and make adjustments to the original template by Chia Wald which can be found at Chia's Rubber Stamp Art.

I stuck a gift card on to the slider behind the cake so when the ribbon on the top of the card is pulled to reveal the sentiment, the gift card pops out of the cake. The best part about this card is that it was the easiest slider card I've ever made and it came together pretty quickly. I used the Cuttlebug swiss dots template for the background and the cake was cut from the Celebrations cart, and adhered with foam tape. The number 50 is from the Opposites Attract cart. Nestabilities scallop and circle dies were used to cut the round tag embellishment at the bottom. Happy Birthday stamp is from Stampin' Up and personalized with Heidi rub ons from Making Memories.

1 comment:

"Um Buggin" said...

Hi Eunice,
OMG!!! This is such a wonderful creation! I love your idea of the bd cake, and the slider surprise popping out of the cake. Just too stinkin' cute. I wish I had seen this earlier, as my DD's bd was yesterday, and this would have been perfect for her 19th. Maybe I'll attempt one for my sister who will hit #50 in November. TFS

~Lillie