Sunday, September 7, 2008

Quickie Gift Card Holders


Needed to do three gift card holders in a hurry, and found a video tutorial to make these quick 'n easy tri-fold cards over at Dawn's Stamping Thoughts. Just love Dawn and all her amazing videos...her blog is always the first place I go to when I need some ideas.

First card was made for a co-worker who was leaving to go to school in Cali. Used David Walker's Paper Pups Cricut cartridge to do the cute puppy cuts and chalked them up to add a little color.





The square embellishment on the front of each of these cards is attached with foam tape and serves as a place to tuck the top flap in to keep the card closed. Such a simple idea but turns out looking so cute!

The tutorial I watched used a word window punch to make the slit for the gift card to slide into. Don't own one of those so used my trusty ol' exacto knife to make the hole instead. (btw, the old Christmas Jamba gift card in the photo is just what I used to measure to make sure the slit was cut large enuff...lol)







This second tri-fold card holder was made for a co-worker at dh's workplace who was being honored for thirty years of service. Wow, that's true dedication!

Front of the card embellishment here cut with Mickey Font (30) and Stone Script (years).









Coffee mug cut is one of my favorite cuts from the Christmas Cheer cart...and one of the main reasons I felt I needed to own this cart! All patterned paper from left over scraps stash. I like that this card is small enough that I could whittle down my enormous stash of scraps.













Third and last card was a belated birthday card for my friend Teri, who shares her awesome cards on her blog, BIG ideas from a little girl. Teri is the person I go to for all my Stampin Up product needs.





Glad I finally got a chance to use my cute little Cuttlekids turtle die. Cupcake on turtle's back on the inside of the card comes from the Doodlecharms cart. Chalked all and added a little sparkle to the cupcake with stickles and ultrafine prisma glitter.
All card sentiments were computer generated.






2 comments:

Denise said...

The gift card holders are all so CUTE!! I love them all.

Joy said...

so cute...my fav is the turtle and I thought what a great idea! think this year I'll be going with gift cards...so I better learn soon so I can make some to give away at Christmas time! thanks for sharing.