Sunday, October 5, 2008

Yakudoshi Card

Here's a card I made for a Yakudoshi celebration we were recently invited to. Really struggled with this one! Cards for guys are always tough for me. Knew from the start that it couldn't be pink and frilly or too cutsey...and knew I wanted to do something with an Asian flavor.

Since nearly all the cuts on my Cricut are cutesy or girly, and I really didn't have the time to spend designing on DS, I had to resort to my rubber stamps. Busted out my old box of Asian stamps and used a bamboo stamp from Good Stamps Stamp Goods and a dragonfly stamp from Magenta.
The front and inside gold panels of this Joy fold card were embossed using Cuttlebug's new Friends Forever folder.










Cut out one of the stamped dragonflies and topped it with a few layers of Diamond Glaze to use as an embellishment to keep the card closed. Inside sentiment panel was edged with a Krylon gold leafing pen and all other panels were finished with Tim Holtz Walnut distress ink.

3 comments:

Joy said...

nice card for a guy...I have the hardest time too to make a card for a guy...you did a great job =)

Denise said...

Neat card, I like the colors for a guy. Need to try one of these.

Little C's Creations said...

This turned out great. I didn't think of using that embossing folder as an asian type card, I like how it looks, so I just may be using it when and if I do make them Asian cards!!!

Great job!!!