Thursday, October 16, 2008

Everybody Was Kung Fu Fightin' !

It's Panda Po! When I learned that dd's former skating coach was planning to do a Kung Fu Panda theme for her son's first birthday party, I went to the Design Studio forum at Cricut.com hoping to find someone who had done a cut file and was willing to share. Woo Hoo! I was in luck because apparently many little boys want Kung Fu Panda birthday parties too...and an ULTRA talented lady created and shared her cut file for Po! She is Jen C. and she shares her incredible talent on her blog, {Brain Things...} . If you are looking for a cut file for something unusual, chances are you will find it here. You will be totally amazed at all the wonderful things she has created! If while visitng her blog you do decide to download any of her files, please don't forget to leave her a comment thanking her for her generosity and hard work. You can also send Jen special requests for cut files by pm-ing her via the Cricut Message Board.




I used Jen's Panda Po cut file (which cuts a 12" large panda!) to decorate the gift bag, then tried my best to size him down on Design Studio so I could have a matching birthday card to go with it. The cut file uses George and Plantin Schoolbook cartridges. The "Happy Birthday" on the gift bag comes from Paper Pups. The front panel of the birthday card was created by welding rectangles and the shadows for the alphas from the George cart to the downsized panda. I then cut alphas to fit the shadows from red prismatic mylar sticker paper and stuck them on. I used DCWV glitter cardstock (love that paper!) and some green patterned paper for the back panel.

I must admit, I had quite a bit of fun running with this Kung Fu Panda theme. I was asked to do a slideshow for the party, so of course
we had to include music from the movie and I found some stills from the movie online which I added
to the slideshow for some fun.
Also found a Kung Fu Panda meal set from Tupperware to include as part of our gift, and even found this adorable little plush panda at Panda's Kitchen when dh and I were there for dinner one night.

6 comments:

Jen said...

He looks great! THANK you so much for sharing your creations!

Joy said...

this is so cute! I love the movie Kung Fu Panda...now you are making me want a cricut so I can do all these amazing things! you did a great job with making all those different things! TFS!

Teri said...

Hi Eunice! I just LOVE Panda Po! Sooooo cute!! You are the wiz at cricut creating!! Thanks for sharing :)

JackieLou said...

Beautiful creations.... Thanks for sharing. MAN I REALLY WANT A CRICUT!

Little C's Creations said...

oh wow!!! this is soooo cool, Eunice!!!

hugs,
jen

Brens Designs said...

Wow! That is just so adorable! Love it!!!