I wanted to make a Minnie Mouse and Daisy Duck themed card to send my sweet "Disney Adult" friend for her birthday, and this is the card and gift card holder I came up with.
All images of Minnie and Daisy I used for this card were print and cut images from clipart found online. Shadows were cut from black cardstock for each image and glued on behind each of the print and cut images. Stickles glitter glue was used to add highlights to the girls' outfits and I used foam tape to adhere them onto a squarish oval shaped frame. Happy Birthday sentiment was cut using "Spellbinders Essentially Yours" layered die from gold foil board.

Inside, I used "Karen Burniston Twist Flower Pop Up" mechanism to animate Minnie and Minne with a large die cut cake. I really enjoy using this mechanism a lot because although it's small and simple to assemble, it can twist and pop up fairly large images and embellishments for a fun "wow" effect. "Marianne Design Collectibles Birthday Cake" die was used to cut and assemble the cake and the candles were made using a die from "Taylored Expressions Mini Cake and Stand" set. "Spellbinders Mini Blooms And Sprigs" dies were used for the flowers.
The "Celebrating You" sentiment on the left side of the card was printed with my laser printer, cut using the print and cut function on my Silhouette, then run through a Minc Hot Foil machine with gold foil. This was then adhered to a shadow layer that had been cut with red cardstock.
I did another print and cut image of Daisy and Minnie for a matching gift card holder. The die to cut the "Just for You" sentiment comes from "Lawn Fawn's Gift Box" die set and it's shadow layer was created in Make the Cut design program. Inside, I used
"Srushti Patil's Sliding Pop Up" mechanism so the gift card inside would slide up as it's opened.
No comments:
Post a Comment