Sunday, July 26, 2026

Hello Summer!

Today I'm sharing the card I made and sent to our granddaughter last month in celebration of the end of another school year and the start of summer vacation. I found some old cutting files of Sanrio's Hello Kitty and Friends at the beach that I created several years ago and decided to put them to use again. Paper Flowers and LD Charming Bold fonts were used to create the cut file for the "Hello Summer" greeting.
 
I recently learned a new (for me) pop up mechanism by watching video tutorials by Purple Girl Crafts and Graphic 45. It's called a Diagonal Panel Pop Up or Diagonal Twist and Pop Up mechanism and it's an updated version of the Twist Panel Pop Up card mechanism. Here you can see the four panels in the center of  this card pop up and open at a diagonal (rather than parallel to the fold) when the card is opened.

I added a paper pieced image of Pochacco riding a dolphin to the fourth pop up panel and suspended a smaller dolphin above him using a strip of acetate.

Hello Kitty surfing on a wave was added to the second panel. Then I added a paper pieced My Melody, some fish and a turtle together with framed insets for the sentiments onto right and left sides of the card.

I really like the look of this Diagonal Twist Pop Up Panel card and am looking forward to playing with this mechanism again soon; perhaps a floral version?

No comments: