Sunday, August 9, 2026

Tote Bags for Goodies

Have you noticed that several crafty companies have been coming out with cutting dies to create fun paper versions of tote bags similar to the wildly coveted Trader Joe's canvas totes? I'm wasn't willing to stand in long lines for these bags but when I saw how cute the paper versions of these were, I was all in.

I needed my totes to be large enough to hold a bag of Cheetos Snack Mix so I created my own simple template cutting file in Make the Cut. The finished size of these totes turned out to be 7-3/4 inches wide, 2-1/2 inches in depth and 10-1/2 inches tall. 

As you see from the side view, I simply created front and back panels and glued them onto the sides of a rectangular box.

The funnest part of making these treat bags was decorating them. I used a clipart found on Pinterest to decorate the front, and added "faux" bag charms made with tiny bells and seed beads, together with glitter and metallic cardstock. Lawn Fawn "Butterfly Border" and Karen Burniston "Charm Rings" dies were used to assemble the butterfly charm.


No comments: