Sunday, June 4, 2023

You Finished Kindergarten!

And just like that, it's Summer already! School's out, it's graduation season and Fathers Day is just around the corner. Last week our granddaughter finished her first year of elementary school so I made and sent this card to congratulate her.
 
I used a combination of Kristi W. Designs from  both Marjorie Ann Designs and Scrapping Cuts N' Snips for all the paper piecing used on this card. "Back to School Owls" and "Bentley at the Beach" sets from Marjorie Ann Designs for Bentley Bear, the pencil and the book. Crayons, paintbrush and rainbow are from Scrapping Cuts N' Snips' "You Color My World" set.

On the inside, I used Karen Burniston's Bam Box Pop Up die to create four separate rubber band activated pop up boxes which were attached behind the bears and the rainbow. When the recipient opens this card, all three bears and the rainbow pop up simultaneously to an upright position. So fun!

This side view shows the Bam Boxes behind each bear and adhered inside the card. 

I really like that these little pop up boxes can be placed at any angle, almost anywhere in the card to make almost anything you can think of pop up.


Since I used four rubberband activated Bam Boxes inside my card, I ran into a slight problem trying to figure out a way to keep my card in the closed position without too much bulging.Usually one neodynium magnet in each of the four corners is enough for rubberband activated pop up cards I've made in the past. But this time, the elastic force of the four rubberbands required six magnets to keep my card closed. Other than that, these Bam Boxes are simple to assemble and can be used in countless ways to add a fun pop up feature to cards. I'm sure I'll be using them often to animate my cards.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Bam boxes sound like a good way to activate a card. Your card is fabulous and surely made your granddaughter happy. I like your solution of using the magnets to keep the card closed. I learn so much when I visit your blog site. Thanks for sharing your information and creativity. Hugs!