Saturday, June 17, 2023

Double Hinged Shutter Pop Up

This adorable window shaker card which is also an amazing interactive pop up card was shared by my dear friend Kris at a recent crafty friends get together.
 
As the card is opened, the panels with the cute teddies that you see through the shaker window move forward and away to the sides to reveal the sentiment hidden underneath. So fun! There are two hinged mechanisms attached to either side of the card that create all this cool shutter movement.

Kris showed us how she put her card together and needless to say, I couldn't wait to give this card a try as well! I decided to keep my card a little simpler by doing a plain window instead of a shaker window so I could concentrate on getting the pop up mechanism to work correctly. I added a paper pieced Bentley Bear from the "Bentley At the Beach" cutfile set that I got from Marjorie Ann Designs to the left panel and added my sentiment to the right side panel.

I had Bentley hold a bouquet of die cut flowers cut from Spellbinders' Sealed Blooms die set. Sizzix Argyle #2 embossing folder was used to add texture to all the white panels.

As the card is opened, the hinged mechanism on the sides allows the two front panels to pop up and move to the sides to show the sentiment underneath.


The side panels were embellished with a paper pieced slice of birthday cake and a pair of wrapped presents cut using Karen Burniston's  Big Birthday Charms die set.
This was a fun pop up card to put together, and I especially love all the fun movement of the panels. If you'd like to give this pop up card a try, the video tutorial by Tatyana Zhukova of Crazy Paper can be viewed on You Tube here. Tatyana simply names her card "Valentines Pop Up" but I think I will call it  a "Double Hinged Pop Up" for now just so I can  file it under a name which I can easily refer back to in the future. 


1 comment:

Lynn said...

Both cards are adorable and very well crafted. Thank you for sharing your beautiful work and where to find the how-to directions.