Monday, June 7, 2021

Retirement Shaker Card

After binge watching cardmaking tutorials on YouTube, I was excited to give the "see through" or "floating" shaker card another try; this time on a tri-fold retirement card for my sister in law.

 Scalloped frame for the shaker was die cut using Park Avenue Creative Cuts by Mama Elephant.
 I used stamped images from Dandelion Designs "Sakura" and "Sakura Girls" sets, colored with Copics and fussy cut. Sakura Girls' kimonos were paper pieced with washi papers. Unfortunately, I made the mistake of using foam tape to adhere the stamped images onto the front of the shaker.

As you can see here, since this is a "see through" shaker card,  when the card is opened, the back of the stamped images and the foam tape I used are visible...which isn't too pretty at all. Definitely need to rethink the placement of cutouts and embellies on my next attempt of a see through shaker card!

Here's the trifold card completely open. Background wave patterned papers are digital paper from Gradient Fox on Etsy.

On the back of the card, I used the Pretty Pink Posh's Pocket Border die to create a pocket to hold a gift card. As much as I love the look of all the different styles of shaker cards there are, creating them continues to be a lesson in progress for me. Guess I'll just have to keep on practicing!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Despite the foam tape problem, this card is very lovely. I love the way the tri-fold hides the second girl...what a sweet surprise. Sometimes those clear windows can be tricky. I often forget that Copic markers bleed through most papers so placing them on acetate is a no-no if the backs will be visible. We all learn by trial and error. LOL!