Sunday, June 20, 2021

Fathers Day Photo Collage Pop Up

Although I usually try to come up with golf themed cards for hubby on Fathers Day, I decided to change it up this year with a photo collage card instead. Hope he isn't too disappointed!
 
I had so much fun using Karen Burniston's Photo Collage Pop Up die to make my granddaughter's birthday card last month that I was itching to use it again, this time with real photos. 

I searched the internet for a simple camera icon clipart and converted it into a cutting file for a paper pieced camera for the front of my card. 

Then, using Print Shop publishing program I made a mock up layout for the front of my card so I could place and print my greeting in the correct position. Photos were ordered as collage prints from Walgreens as recommended by Karen Burniston in her video tutorial.

As the card is opened...

Eight photos spin and pop up from the center of the card! This is really a fun pop up card with a big wow factor. As mentioned above, the photos were ordered from Walgreens as collage prints that come as nine photos on a 4x4 sheet and are just the right size to use with the polaroid frame die that comes included with the Photo Collage Pop Up die set. The fun push pins and mini binder clips embellishments were also created from dies included in the set.
I really enjoyed putting this card together and especially like that it's almost like a mini interactive scrapbook page. 

1 comment:

Lynn said...

I'm certain that your hubby was not disappointed by his fantastic Father's Day card. Even without the pop up element it would have been well received because of all the photos, but the pop up surprise is 'da bomb'! I'm putting your card idea into my file of inspirational handmade cards. I may never do the pop up part but I really like the photos with the camera. Everyone loves family photos so putting them on a card is a creative touch. Thank you for as usual opening my eyes and blowing my mind. You are my crafty wizard friend!