Sunday, April 4, 2021

Easter Egg Houses and Other Springtime Treats

While looking for ideas for making a cute box to share my pizzelles in this Easter, I came across an adorable "3D House Easter Egg" which was part of a collection of little paper houses for home decor at the Lori Whitlock Shop.

I purchased the Lori Whitlock cutting file for this, but since the original file was not designed to be used as a gift box, it wasn't quite deep enough to hold cookies. On checking some older files I picked up in the past, I found an egg shaped box in the perfect size designed by SVG Cuts as part of the "Bunny Hop Kit".

I altered the original file from SVG Cuts just a bit by creating a flat bottom for my box so it could stand upright on its own. 

I used the window, door and tree and grass embellishments from Lori Whitlock's "3D House Easter Egg", enlarging them to fit onto my box. Paper pieced bunny was created from an image found on Pinterest.

I was pleasantly surprised that it was pretty simple to assemble these boxes. Cutting all the small embellishment pieces for the front of the box that took some time, but I was able to complete and fill 15 of these in time for sharing with friends and family.

As a final touch, each egg box was put into a cello bag and tied with a tulle bow.

I was the lucky recipient of these two super cute Easter treat boxes created by two of my very special and creative friends, Kris and Lorna that I'm excited to share...

This "fence box" with an adorable bunny and her eggs was put together by Kris. I love the pretty pastel colors she used, and especially like that this treat box is large enough to hold Kris' yummy home baked cookies as well as two Easter eggs filled with treats. Designed by Daniela Moscone, the svg cutting file for this can be found over at the Silhouette Design Store.

Isn't this the cutest little lamb basket ever? Lorna created the cutting file for her sweet paper pieced lamb from clipart ,adding a fun fluffy wooly texture by running pieces through Cuttlebug's D'vine Swirl embossing folder. I love that lambie's paper punched pretty crown of blossoms is just the perfect touch of spring! Best wishes to all for a joyful Easter Sunday!

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Your egg house boxes are fabulous! I love the colors and images. It was smart to make a flat bottom so it could stand up. Putting it in a cello bag makes it look so professional. You really should open a pop-up kiosk for holiday gifts.