Sunday, April 11, 2021

So Lucky To Be Your Friend

When Mama Elephant released their "Lucky Cat" stamp set last year, I tried very hard to resist buying it. Unfortunately (or fortunately?) it didn't take long before my will power caved in because you know; I REALLY NEEDED to have it to make this card... lol!
 
I think what I like most about Mama Elephant stamp images is how I can get away with creating a pretty cute card with a minimal amount of coloring. For this card, I used my Silhouette Cameo to cut the rounded square windows for the front, adding the sentiment using the Print and Cut function. The colored background behind the windows was created by brushing and blending Tim Holtz Distress Oxide inks with foundation brushes.

On the inside, I used Karen Burniston's Cake Pop Up die set once again to add a little pop up "stage" where my lucky cats could hang out and celebrate. Did I mention that I'm having too much fun with this die? "Happy Birthday" sentiment was cut from glitter cardstock using "Happy Birthday Words" die from Hello Bluebird.

I added three clear acetate struts; front, center and back so I could stagger the cats and sentiment placement on the hexagon base.

Wanted to include a gift card with this birthday card so I added a pocket cut using a "Pocket Border" die from Pretty Pink Posh to the backside of the card.   


1 comment:

Lynn said...

I'm so glad that you shared this card on your blog post. I wasn't aware that Mama Elephant had a stamp set with the lucky cat. Now I HAVE to get it! You made a super cute card and the pop up element is da bomb. I guess I'll HAVE to look for that die too. You are a bad influence but a great crafting inspiration.