Sunday, April 12, 2020

Surprise Bunny Pop Up Easter Card

With stay at home orders spanning the globe, I guess Easter will be celebrated much differently in every family this year. With social distancing in place, I knew we wouldn't be getting together with dear friends and family at Easter as we normally do, so I decided to forgo making Easter treat boxes of chocolates and pizzelle cookies this year. I only made this one Easter card to send to our sweet granddaughter.

Earlier this year I picked up Karen Burniston's Parcel Pop Up die and have been "saving it" with the intention of making a very special Easter card for our granddaughter. I created a weaved basket to cover the pop up mechanism on the inside of the card, and used clear acetate for the front panel of this bottom fold card so the basket would show through with the card in its closed position.

As the card is opened, *Surprise!* a little bunny pops up inside the basket!

Had so much fun putting this together, and so happy that it turned out just as I had it imagined in my head.
Cute little bunny was a recent freebie cutting file from My Scrap Chick called "Bunny Sweet Treat Belly". Weaved basket and bow were created in Make the Cut Design program using various sizes of ovals and rectangles. Eggs were cut from DCWV glitter cardstock using another cutting file from My Scrap Chick called "Easter Chicks Set".

Cloud background panel was created by using Lawn Fawn's Puffy Cloud Border die to cut a stencil template and lightly applying Tim Holtz Distress Oxide ink (Broken China) with a foundation brush. MFT Stamps Die-Namics Grassy Border die was used to cut the grass from white cardstock and inked with Mowed Lawn Distress Oxide ink.
 I used Cheery Lynn Baby's Breath Flower Kit dies for the tiny blossoms and butterfly comes from Cottage Cutz Mouse with Sunflower die. Happy Easter greeting was done as a print and cut using Doctor Soos true type font.

I repeated the cloud background and grassy border on the backside of the card so I'd have a place to add our sentiment. Tiny rabbit was cut from Impression Obsession's Rabbit Die Set. Hoping our granddaughter will have as much fun seeing bunny pop up from the basket as I did making this card for her.

Thank you for dropping by today. Please enjoy Easter the best you are able, but please continue to keep safe and healthy.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Your granddaughter is so lucky that you make cards for her. This one is a keeper...so sweet. Happy Easter to you my blogland friend!