Sunday, April 26, 2020

Double Wiper Kokeshi Doll Card

Here's a fun interactive card I put together in celebration of my dear friend Lorna's birthday. I had just received my new i-Crafter Wiper insert die in the mail and was excited to give it a try. I knew I wanted to do a kokeshi doll themed card so I decided on using some of the cute coloring book images found on Pinterest to create paper piecing files.

I used washi paper to paper piece the kimonos for the kokeshi dolls.  Cherry blossom branch was created using Cottagekutz Winter Branch and Frantic Stamper Petite Sakura dies, and a mini sakura punch from Punch Bunch. Recently while cleaning out my craftroom, I found some pretty origami papers from Yasutomo in my stash, which happily turned out to be a perfect fit for the background inserts for this card.

It's hard to describe the action of this fun interactive card in words so here's a short video to show the  movement of this double wiper card insert.

As the card is opened, two wiper arms swipe up from behind a pop up panel to meet in the center. This i-Crafter die set comes with dies to cut "THA" and "NKS" that can be attached to the wiper arms so they would meet in the center to spell the word "THANKS". But since I was making a birthday card, I instead cut a pair of fan shapes on the Silhouette and adhered the words "Happy Birthday" cut using an Elizabeth Crafts word die to attach onto the wiper arms.

The i-Crafter die set also includes a die to cut a gift card insert to place onto the  pop up panel to make this card a gift cardholder as well.

I wanted to add another kokeshi to the inside of my card so I put the gift card into a mini cellophane envelope before sliding it thru the gift card holder. The paper pieced kokeshi and lantern were then adhered to the cello envelope with double sided tape. The lantern was cut from Elizabeth Crafts Asian Accessories die.

If you happened to notice, or wondered why... yes, my sentiment on this card is in the past tense because I was shamefully a month late with this birthday card. Lol, hopefully Lorna liked her card enough to forgive my delinquency!


1 comment:

Lynn said...

I'm sure that 'Lucky Lorna'loved this card and would even if it was a year late. I can see all the time and effort you invested in this card. It's fabulous! I love the moving parts and the overall look of the lokeshi themed birthday card. Thanks for sharing and inspiring!