Sunday, May 3, 2020

Shiba Inu Meme Birthday Card

I put together this "Doge Meme" themed pop up birthday card for my niece who owns a Shiba Inu. Paper pieced Shiba Inu pups were created from cutting files created in Make the Cut design program. The double tiered birthday cake which peeks out the front window was cut from now retired Cottage Cutz Celebration Cake die.
As this card is opened, the panel with the birthday cake  pops forward and rocks to the right...

... to reveal another Shiba Inu pup underneath!


Love the fun pop up and rocking motion of this card created with Karen Burniston's Rockin' Rectangle Pop Up die! Assembling the mechanism for this interactive card was actually pretty simple, and the nice thing is that it's a generic mechanism that can be customized to each persons's creative imagination!

I'm not much into meme humor but I tried to use some of the same silly captions I saw on many of the Doge memes I came across online and printed them in pastel colors to give my card a kind of  whimsical, humorous and cutesy feel. Hoping this card brought a little smile to our sweet niece who had to spend her birthday sheltering in place far away from home.

1 comment:

Lynn said...

Oh doggie cuteness! This card is another amazing creation. I adore it and even though I didn't understand meme now I sort of get it.